Job Title: Team Member Job Category: Cosmetology
Department/Group: Operator Travel Required: Light travel required
Location: Ändra K Salon and Spa, LLC Position Type: Full Time, Part Time
Level/Salary Range: Hourly Pay + commissions/bonus
HR Contact: Krista Stier
Will Train Applicant(s): Up-training provided on and off-site
Applications Accepted By:
Subject Line: Employment Opportunity – Team Member
Ändra K Salon and Spa, LLC
c/o Krista Stier
PO Box 41
Clearwater, MN 55320
Salon Mission: Our mission is to provide extraordinary service in a professional, friendly and welcoming environment while utilizing products that are focused on being natural leaving a person feeling good both on the inside and out, at affordable prices in a convenient and accessible location. We pride ourselves in continuing to expand in order to meet the multi-generational needs in our area.
A cosmetologist takes care of the cosmetic needs of people like skin care, hair care, nail care, analysis of skin, hair and nail related problems and suggesting appropriate treatment. The working hours of a cosmetologist are usually fixed. A cosmetologist works in spa centers, beauty salons, hair salons, hospitals, fitness centers, resorts and star hotels.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
(may perform other duties as requested not specifically addressed in this document)
• Analyze patrons’ hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
• Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers’ instructions, hair type and facial features, using appropriate tools such as clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
• Bleach, dye or tint hair, using approved equipment.
• Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces with water, shampoo, or other necessary solutions.
• Apply water, setting, straightening or waving solutions to hair and use appropriate tools such as curlers, rollers, hot combs and curling irons to press and curl hair.
• Comb, brush, and spray hair or wigs to set style.
• Advise patron to seek medical treatment for chronic or contagious scalp conditions.
• Massage and treat scalp for hygienic and remedial purposes, using hands or fingers.
• Recommend and explain the use of cosmetics, lotions, and creams to soften and lubricate skin and enhance and restore natural appearance.
• Recommend, apply or provide instruction on make-up application/techniques.
• Demonstrate and sell hair care products and cosmetics.
• Shave, trim and shape beards, moustaches and eyebrows.
• Shape eyebrows and remove facial hair, using tweezers or wax.
• Remove chest, back, or leg hair utilizing tweezers or wax.
• Give facials to patrons, using special compounds such as lotions and creams.
• Clean, shape, and polish fingernails and toenails, using appropriate tools such as files, clippers and nail polish.
• Apply artificial fingernails.
• Update and maintain customer information records, such as beauty services provided.
• Keep work stations and Salon clean and sanitize tools used.
• Schedule client appointments.
• Operate cash register and credit card machine to receive payments from clients.
• Assist other team members when asked or needed.
Main Job Requirements
Education and Specific Training: Licensed cosmetologist per state requirements
Soft and specific skills
• Active Listening
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills (written and verbal)
• Solid knowledge of the English language
• Problem solving
• Time management
• Planning and organizing
• Reading comprehension
• Job Motivated
• Stress tolerance
• Able to deal with change
• Critical thinking
• Work well independently and with a team
• Active Learning
• Goal oriented
• Ability to think on feet
Physical and Technical skills
• Arm-Hand steadiness
• Manual dexterity
• Finger dexterity
• Near vision
• Core strength
• Multilimbed coordination
• Selective attention
• Visual color discrimination
• Light/Moderate Lifting
Additional skills and/or requirements may be needed based on business needs and changes in federal/state regulations.