We are delighted to announce our official reopening date! As of May 18th students and staff will return to our campuses in Ames, IA and Iowa City, IA. We will be taking a week to get acquainted with our new guidelines so we will be prepared to serve you. We will be open for guest services starting on May 26th by appointment only. When booking your appointment please make sure we have your updated contact information.
Upon arrival we ask that you remain in your vehicle and text us at:
Iowa City: 319-774-7618
You will receive further guidance on when to enter the building at that time.
Upon entry all staff, students and guests will be screened with questions, a contactless temperature check and asked to wash their hands. All will be screened upon arrival as to whether they are positive for COVID-19, have any symptoms, are under quarantine, or have been exposed to COVID-19. If you answer yes to any of these we ask that you reschedule 14 days from exposure or symptoms. Please call to reschedule your appointment if concerned:
Iowa City: 319-800-6466
Other things you will notice:
- Only a guest with an appointment will be granted access to the Academy. If you are sick or experiencing any COVID19 related symptoms you will not be permitted in the building.
- No children, spouses or friends may accompany you to your appointment. Children under 18 with an appointment may be accompanied by an adult.
- All employees, students and guests are required to wear masks at all times until further notice. If you do not have a mask they will be available for purchase for $1.
- We will no longer be providing refreshments or magazines. No food will be permitted inside the building. Please leave personal belongings in your vehicle.
- Checkout will be cashless for the time being. Products will only be handled by students and staff. Your next appointment will be reserved by your student service provider to ensure we have your next visit scheduled.
- You can expect to see our staff cleaning frequently touched surfaces more often, including doorknobs, phones, banisters, handrails, throughout the facility as well as the tools we use to perform services.
We are so grateful for our staff, students and guests and we can not wait to see you soon in your protective face mask.
At this point in time our Plymouth, MN campus will be closed until June 1st when students may return and June 8th when we plan on resuming guest services.
All services are provided by supervised students.